January 28, 2012

What Happened to Classically Handsome Men In Suits?

I sometimes dream about what it would be like to live in the time of classically handsome men who wore suits to dinner, drank brandy, and conversed about worldly topics.

Why must I be cursed to live in the time of Jersey Shore rejects that drink Jager bombs, wear wife beaters to dinner and whose topic of choice is going to the gym, tanning and doing laundry.

Oh how times have changed.

Maybe it was the black & white screen that made some of the old Hollywood actors amazingly handsome or maybe it was because they were poised, well put together, and articulate.

I don't know how "worldly" the actors below were but I do know one thing...they are so classically handsome that it brings a tear to my eye to know that they are now gone.

Gregory Peck

Gregory Peck's facial features are absolutely stunning. Perfect chin, nose, lips, hair, eyes, eyebrows. And he even dresses exquisitely. Perfect man in my opinion.

Marlon Brando

If you can even get past his amazing lips, you can really appreciate how perfect his face is. All of his facial features separately might not be the best but when put together, they make a face to die for.

Cary Grant

Hands down, one of the best looking men to EVER have lived. Period.


Now, I'm not saying there are NO classically handsome men in our day but they are very few and far between. Here are a few current day men that really stand out to me...

Pierce Brosnan

He actually reminds me of an old Hollywood actor. His facial features are so strong and make you want to know more about him.

Richard Gere

Who didn't have a crush on Richard Gere in Pretty Woman? The only reason I watch that movie is to see him in it.


Bradley Cooper

I have actually seen Bradley Cooper in person and he looks even more stunning than in his photos. He is tall, muscular, and has insanely blue eyes!

Billy Zane

Ok, I will admit, I had a huge crush on Billy Zane in Titanic. And when I learned that his hair was a wig, I almost cried. Here is what he looked like before he went bald. They don't come more ruggedly sexy and manly than that.


George Clooney

This one doesn't even need a caption. Just like Cary Grant, he rules the world of classically good looks.


Edward W.

He has smoldering eyes, perfect lips and strong jawline. Oh wait, that's my fiance! :) I had to put him on this list because he is what inspired this list in the first place! One of the things that attracts me to him the most are his timeless good looks. People always ask him if he is a movie star or compare him to old Hollywood actors. He is also the definition of a true gentleman!


Sadly, a large part of our world is filled with these douchebags....






And most girls will never have the chance to experience a life with a true gentleman.

Sad Sad Sad :'(

I am somewhat terrified to see what is going to be considered "hot" when I am old and wrinkly. I guess only time will tell. Who knows, maybe we will even relapse into classic beauty all over again!

No comments:

Bookmarking